TMI's 2023 TRIM Awards
The TMI TRIM Awards at The SEMA Show 2022 set the industry on fire. With the lack of awards from a few companies that are normally at the show, TMI Products stepped up to give the recognition that these builders deserved. Builders from all over the world entered for the coveted title of Best of Show – but only one amazing ride was able to take home that trophy.
Seven other winners were awarded in their respective classes and the TMI TRIM Awards were firmly cemented into the SEMA Show history books. After the week, coverage spread like wildfire of the TRIM Awards and they were seen by over 57 million enthusiasts.
The TMI TRIM Awards pay homage to the craftsmen who hand cut, stitched, and designed all the amazing interiors at SEMA. Too often though, the paint, wheels, or engine received most all of the recognition – no longer is that the case where TMI is now honoring fellow tradesmen who have perfected their craft.
TMI Products has been hand crafting some of the finest automotive upholstery for over 40 years now. We’ve supplied the best products to thousands of vehicles to help bring them back to their former glory. With 40 years in the rear-view mirror, it was time to give back to the community and recognize those special builders. TMI is continuing this new tradition with the TRIM Awards for the 2023 SEMA Show.
Last years Best of Show winner wasn’t even a TMI Products interior, showing how serious TMI is about recognizing the best of the best. In fact, TMI doesn’t even choose the winners; for that, a completely independent panel of six industry veterans go over every inch of the car and then determine the winners.
Our expert panel of judges include: *** Kevin Oeste**- The Voice of the SEMA Show and TRIM Awards Host, V8 Speed & Resto Shop Owner
- Sean Holman- Owner of Use For Adventure and Co-Host of The Truck Show Podcast
- Sara Morosan- Owner of LGE-CTS Motorsports, 2021 SEMA Person of the Year, Multi-time Ford Design award winner
- Theresa Contreras- owner of Baja Forged, Multi-time Ford Design award winner, PPG Brand Ambassador
- Marcel Venable- co-owner of AutoRevolution on Amazon Prime, OBS-Clash, Car Guy Confessions Podcast
- Jason Mulligan- co-owner of AutoRevolution on Amazon Prime, OBS-Clash, Car Guy Confessions Podcast
The TMI TRIM Awards are designed to not only honor the builds and the craftsmen behind it, but to celebrate them in a public fashion. Wednesday November 1st at Noon all the judges and builders will convene at the stage in the TMI Products booth. Here, the judges will go over some of the highlights and announce winners in front of the entire Central Hall at The SEMA Show 2023.
The trophies are just as unique and custom as the interiors and can easily be hoisted in the air in a show of appreciation and accomplishment during the awards ceremony. While there are a few winners, only one ride will be crowned as the Best of Show!
To be eligible for the TRIM Awards, you need to have a vehicle that’s registered and on display at the SEMA Show 2023. There are categories for TMI-equipped vehicles, and categories for non-TMI-equipped vehicles. Having a TMI-equipped vehicle though does not offer a better chance of winning, as proven by last year's Best of Show winner, that was not TMI-equipped.
TRIM Awards Categories include:
- Best Car –Open to any car that features TMI seats
- Best Truck –Open to any truck that features TMI seats
- Best SUV or Wagon –Open to any SUV or wagon, either two-door or four-door
- Best Full Interior –Open to any vehicle of any type that is running a full interior. A full interior includes all the available components from that model line
- Most Creative –Best usage of patterns, colors, and overall execution
- Best Color-Matching –Best usage of patterns, colors, and stitching that matches vehicle exterior
- Best Custom Car Interior (open to all Cars at the show) –Can be any vehicle with any type of custom interior
- Best Custom Truck Interior (open to all Trucks at the show) –Can be any vehicle with any type of custom interior
- Fan Favorite (Chosen Online) –Finalists that the TRIM Award Judges have chosen will be voted online by fans worldwide.
- Best of Show Champion –Judges will vote on their favorite interior of SEMA 2023 and crown it with the TRIM Award’s highest honor
SEMA 2023 TRIM AWARDS RULES All vehicles must be at the 2023 SEMA Show and registered with TMI so that the TRIM panel of judges can find your vehicle for the competition.
Judging for the 2023 SEMA Show TRIM Awards will begin Tuesday afternoon October 31st with the announcement from TMI’s SEMA booth of the top 20 vehicles. Competitors are encouraged to register online to let judges know where to find their vehicles.
The crowning of the inaugural TRIM Champion will take place on November 1st at TMI Products SEMA booth #24477, 12:00 noon PST.